• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need a way out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

streetracer

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TN

first time buyer I recently got a 07 nissan sentra type R from a dealer, a few days later i tried to take it back " nothing wrong with the car " the guy who sold it to me tried to talk me out of it, next day i go back to his manager a told him i don't want the car he tries to tell me i can't return it, i go to the companys general manager and talk to him, he say's i can trade it for a car on the nissan but they won't return it. they had pushed me through on my cosigners credit score with out checking income, but said i should make $1200 a month before taxes about right maybe , but at that point i needed a car for work, i checked and now i see the car payment and the insurance is actually going to take about half a months pay and the rent the other half. the car was bought not on the lot of the same dealer. i want out of the car with out problems and not oweing money, which i lost my car when i traded it in, any advice would be good its' been only seven days and no payments till october 3rd

Mass_Shyster

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TN

first time buyer I recently got a 07 nissan sentra type R from a dealer, a few days later i tried to take it back " nothing wrong with the car " the guy who sold it to me tried to talk me out of it, next day i go back to his manager a told him i don't want the car he tries to tell me i can't return it, i go to the companys general manager and talk to him, he say's i can trade it for a car on the nissan but they won't return it. they had pushed me through on my cosigners credit score with out checking income, but said i should make $1200 a month before taxes about right maybe , but at that point i needed a car for work, i checked and now i see the car payment and the insurance is actually going to take about half a months pay and the rent the other half. the car was bought not on the lot of the same dealer. i want out of the car with out problems and not oweing money, which i lost my car when i traded it in, any advice would be good its' been only seven days and no payments till october 3rd
Unless the contract or some law that I'm not aware of has a clause allowing you to cancel, you cannot cancel.

streetracer

well i have had advice from different people, even the general manager saying i can sell the car to someone, to somebody saying tell people how bad they treated you when you came back " people walked right by me, they acted like they want me gone, i am 22, i felt treated unfair like someone older or with money or who knew someone would be told different. i had a light come on in my car and a thumping noise the guy who sold me the car just said it would go away, turns out it was only the tire and needed air but the fact is they didn't really treat me well enough. i had to go to the main manager over the three dealerships they have in our town for even a offer to have it looked at.

Last edited:

streetracer

my cosigner is still getting calls from the dealer or the bank asking for something, i keep getting letters from banks saying i was rejected and i know they said one bank took me , which i'm not sure but i think when i took back the dealer tag they let me use to drive the car, i took it back the next day, they asked for my SSN again and didn't tell me anything i didn't sign anything else but i was never told what bank i got approved by untill i talked to the general manager, they never told me what was going on with what the bank interest rate was. but my cosigner is still getting calls. i could car less about losing my trade in. i also tried to tell them about the problems with my trade in but they said something like the less they know the better, they wrote something down but not they real problems. is it legal for them to do things like that ? if they actually need something else can i refuse so they would have to take the car back without paying anything else ?

Mass_Shyster

You really need to figure out what they want, and if your loan was denied. It's entirely possible that the loan fell through. If that's the case, you may be able to refuse to sign for another loan and return the car.

If they're asking your co-signer to sign another loan, you should ask him or her to refuse.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">