• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is all hope lost?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sultangeek

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington state

If I lose at motion to suppress evidence.
Will I lose at trial?

Thanks

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
No one can predict what a judge or jury will decide at the conclusion of a trial, regardless of the evidence or lack thereof.

No one can answer your question, especially since you have provided no information.

motions are done before a judge whom is most likely going to rule against you.

trials are conducted before juries that are pretty much unpredictable.

Sultangeek

It was a traffic stop

and I was the passenger. They arrested the driver for not registering the truck in her name and he "smelled" burned meth from the truck and asked her if she had any and she said yes. They found a pipe and a very small amount on her.

While I sat in the truck the officer asked me to step out of the truck and said he was going to pat me down for weapons. When he felt a glass pipe and asked me what it was "he said" I told him it a pipe. (plus found 8 grams on me in a chapstick case)

In court both officers where in the court room to give statements saying i was moving around and felt as if I mite be a threat. even though K9 was called and on the way.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
...and felt as if I mite be a threat. even though K9 was called and on the way.
One thing has nothing to do with the other. If they feel you are a threat what is an en route K9 team going to do for them?

So are you saying you did not tell the officer it was a pipe?

8 grams of meth?

Based on your post, you're surely dust on your motion and juries are not particularly friendly towards meth and that is a lot of meth. Just as an FYI.

So then you need a good lawyer to work as good a deal as possible and perhaps file the motions just as leverage or in case you want to fight this all the way to jury.

I would caution on any type of optimism of actually "winning", especially a motion to suppress.

Im not familiar with your states probation programs for drug offenses.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">