• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Financing issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shantia1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA

I purchased a brand new vehicle on 7/18/2010 which included 2 cars that I traded in. I signed all the pertinent paperwork and I thought everything was fine. But by the mid part of this month i realized that i had not yet received a statement from the finance company as it is supposed to be due on 9/05. So I called the dealership to make them aware of the situation and gave me the contact number for the finance company. The finance company has no record of me or the loan. Since then I have been calling the dealership trying to gather information in regard to the financing.. to no avail ( basically getting the run around). I contacted both of the lenders on the 2 vehicles I traded off and verified that they were both paid off on 7/22. Now, my 2 cars I traded in are paid off.. but I have a new car that I have been driving for over a month now and I can't get anyone to tell me who I should direct my payments to or if I am even financed at all.. What can I do at this point to resolve this and protect myself from legal action in the future?

CourtClerk

Keep the amount of your payments in a savings account, don't spend it and eventually, it'll come up.

Call once a week.

I would send a letter to the finance company, keep a copy for yourself. Make sure you send the letter certified, return receipt, so you have a record of it. Someone will eventually take notice and realize the error.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">