• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ethics and fraternities

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PHDS

This involves a case in MD.

I am currently involved in a small-claims dispute with a former landlord. My father is also involved in the dispute, testifying against me. Both my father and my former landlord, who are friends, are members of the Freemason fraternity.

I recently was made aware that several judges in my district are also members of this fraternity. While I am not a conspiracy theorist in any sense, I feel that since masonic code encourages Masons to commit perjury to protect one another (see below) that perhaps this might be seen as a conflict of interest.

What should I do, if anything? What can I do, if anything?

"You must conceal all the crimes of your brother Masons, except murder and treason, and these only at your own option, and should you be summoned as a witness against a brother Mason be always sure to shield him. Prevaricate [falsify], don't tell the whole truth in his case, keep his secrets, forget the most important points. It may be perjury to do this, it is true, but you're keeping your obligations, and remember if you live up to your obligation strictly, you'll be free from sin." (Edmond Ronayne, "Masonic Handbook," page 183)

latigo

This crack pot Edmond Roynane, the once Master of a Masonic Lodge in Chicago, also compared Freemasonry and Roman Catholicism as institutions each founded on “ “anti-Christian principles”. ("The Master's Carpet: Masonry and Baal-Worship Identical" - Edmond Ronayne (1879)

Also that Catholicism teaches that you cannot trust nor believe in the Holy Bible and that in order to please God and have everlasting life one must put faith in its theologies, traditions, customs and rituals.

Do you believe that malarkey as well?

Tex78704

Maybe you can join the brotherhood as a legacy child, then your father won't testify against you, and your landlord may not want to fight a brother in court ;)

justalayman

the best you can do is, if a judge that is a Freemason is given the case, is to file to ask the judge to recuse him/herself on the basis of his association with the masons and your citation.
If the judge refuses and you lose, it might give you a basis for an appeal.

If latigo's statement of the author is correct, it wouldn't give you a very strong basis for the appeal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">