• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I've formed an LLC for my blog

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

baylor3217

I am planning to launch my blog in the very near future.

To protect my assets, I've formed an LLC. However, when I purchased my domain and web hosting, I used my personal credit card.

Before I launch my blog, I want to make sure my domain and hosting are deemed to be "owned" by my LLC.

Any thoughts on how to do that?

baylor3217

I don't think so. I'm not sure what that means.

Assuming I haven't done that (which I know I haven't), how would I get ownership transferred?

justalayman

when you purchased your domain name, who did you list as owner?

when you hired the web hosting, who's name is listed as the client?

if those answers are not your LLC but your name, then you are listed as the owner of the domain name and you are the entity that hired the web hosting.

to put them in your LLC's name, you transfer them to your LLC.

baylor3217

when you purchased your domain name, who did you list as owner?

when you hired the web hosting, who's name is listed as the client?

if those answers are not your LLC but your name, then you are listed as the owner of the domain name and you are the entity that hired the web hosting.

to put them in your LLC's name, you transfer them to your LLC.
Than you for the feedback. I purchased it with my personal credit card and listed me as the owner. I also own the LLC, but the LLC was formed after the domain and hosting services were purchased.

What do I need to do "to put them in your LLC's name, you transfer them to your LLC."?

justalayman

for the web hosting, contact the service and ask them how to transfer the ownership of the service. They might simply suggest cancelling your service and opening an account in the name of the LLC. For the domain name, contact the service you purchased the name through and ask them how to transfer the ownership to your LLC.

baylor3217

for the web hosting, contact the service and ask them how to transfer the ownership of the service. They might simply suggest cancelling your service and opening an account in the name of the LLC. For the domain name, contact the service you purchased the name through and ask them how to transfer the ownership to your LLC.
Thank you for your help

FlyingRon

What protection do you think you're getting here anyway?
If you say something libelous on your blog, regardless of the LLC, you'll be sued personally. Other than the bill for the hosting (which they'll just shut off if you don't pay anyhow), what liability are you envisioning.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">