• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding 0.18 Timed - Pennsylvania

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Shara07

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania
I was traveling in the fast lane with a motorcycle behind me. In the slow lane there were three vehicles. The SUV was in front of me in the slow lane. I looked over in the gas station and saw the police car. I looked down at my speedometer and saw I was going about 50 in a 45. I slowed down, moved into the slow lane. The SUV was in front of me in the slow lane and the other car that was behind him slowed down and I got behind the SUV. The police car followed me for about 1/4 of a mile and cuts on his lights. I pull over.

He ask for my license and registrations. Never tells me why he pulls me over and ask me, "What are you doing traveling this road?" "Are you familiar with this road." He never told me how fast I was going speeding or nothing. He goes backs writes me a ticket for going 57.8 in a 45 mph zone. He timed my miles at .018 and seconds timed at 1.12. How is this possible when the SUV was flying? He use this Robic SC800.

Then I said, "Don't I get a warning." He says, "No, you don't get a warning." I said, "How many points is this." He says, "Two...do you have points already?" Did he bother to check my license or was he just giving me a ticket? I am upset by the whole manner of the officer when I should not have even gotten the ticket. I don't think he is accurate in his timing...any thoughts?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

FlyingRon

I don't see anything wrong with his manner. Cops ask these sorts of questions all the time and with cause. They are under no obligation to issue warnings.

Robic is nothing more than a stopwatch. Where he timed you is the biggest detail. One if our pa speeding experts will be along shortly to comment on that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">