• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have legal recourse?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

imaudi77

Live in NH and I was in a car accident in June, it was the other driver's fault, my car was totaled. I was in the process of closing on a condo and was advised not to request any loans so I was put into a position where I had to purchase a car with the money paid to me by insurance for my car. I found a car, no warranty. Two months later the engine light came on, I brought it back to the dealer where the diagnostic test told me one thing, which I fixed, only to find out by a mechanic that there is a lot of engine damage and I am facing the chance of this damage costing more than the car is worth. Previous car was paid off and running great, but now I'm dealing with car expenses and issues I didn't have before the accident. Can I sue the person who hit me for this inconvenience due to this accident?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Hot Topic

The driver is responsible for the damage to your car but not responsible for the car you had to buy because you were advised not to take out any loans due to your purchase of the condo.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">