• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Used Car Dealer did not smog Vehicle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MTBRKING

What is the name of your state (California)?
Bought a used certified Vehicle at a Honda dealer in California and a month later got call from the dealer stating they neglected to smog the vehicle. I reviewed my paper work and was charged for smog fee that was supposed to be done. Can the dealer legally sell the vehicle, again in california without the the smog certificate. I live hours away from the dealer, and the service rep stated to bring my car in 1 to 2 days or have it smog myself, but i will have to front out the money first???? "Registration on the vehicle is already past due/expired 2 months now".

Thanks

FlyingRon

Why are you two months past due on registration? Even if they had legally smogged it you might be out of luck because the smog might have expired.

They should have smogged it before selling it (and really you shouldn't have moved that car off the lot without seeing that it was done).

Either take it back and let them do it or smog it yourself and get them to reimburse you. I don't see what option you have.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">