• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance refusing to pay property damages because of arson.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

byrd0213

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

My son-in-law's truck caught on fire and burned because it was parked next to a minivan that burned due to an act of arson. The minivan's owner held liability insurance, but because the damages were caused by arson, the insurance company is refusing to pay for any damages to my son-in-law's truck. Is the insurance company able to refuse payment for his damages?

Banned_Princess

Submit the claim to SIL's insurance company so they can work it out with the OV's insurance.

I hope your SIL has comp insurance with a low low deductable.

ecmst12

The van's insurance is not responsible when the damage is because the owner was the victim of a crime. The person who set the fire is responsible for the damage. Was that person caught?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">