• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dont know what to do...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

g_hegdal

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

*update*
Thanks for the advice everyone I will do the necessary steps. Have a good week.

Last edited:

justalayman

this doesn't make a lot of sense. if your BF didn't give the cop his information (especially the insurance info) how do you suspect the cop got the info?

FlyingRon

Your boyfriend has been charged. He needs to deal with it. He may be able to point out the mistake to the officer, otherwise he'll have to go to court.

That doesn't mean once they figure out that you were the one they won't come after you. You've broken at least three laws here. You do understand they will take your license away in addition to the fines. You'll have to jump through hoops including rather expensive insurance to drive again?

What on earth was the poor soul you plowed into charged with?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
What on earth was the poor soul you plowed into charged with?
That's what I would like to know. Only thing I can think of is something unrelated to the operation of the vehicle, like expired license/registration or no insurance.

Guessing that the OP didn't see the other driver's tickets though.

ecmst12

Any car new enough to have airbags, you can get parts for - but it wouldn't be worth the cost to repair. And it is NOT safe to drive without having the airbags replaced, so yes, it was totalled.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Highway Patrol does not adjudicate your case - a court does.

You want to give up your license when you haven't been found guilty in court yet?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">