• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Turned Right on Red at Camera enforced Light

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rambogirly79

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
I just receive a photo enforcement ticket today for failure to stop at a red light. I don't think i'm guilty and here's why: In the first picture my break lights are on and I'm at the white line. In the intersection in front of me there is truck passing through just to my left fender and an SUV entering the shot about two car lengths behind me. In the second shot, the truck is no longer visible at all, it has passed in front of my vehicle and completely cleared the intersection. My vehicle is veering right and has just cleared the white line. The SUV is now sitting at the white line. Now heres the clincher. The time on the first photo is 12:48:15.7 and the time on the second photo is 12:48:17.8. So according to this time stamp all of this occurred in about 2 seconds. I know I stopped and it makes sense because the white truck had time to pass in front of me and completely clear the intersection, so is it worth requesting a hearing because if I'm understanding correctly, if they find me to be at fault, I will be responsible for the $75 and $50 hearing fee. It drives me crazy to have to pay this fine when I don't feel I did anything wrong. I looked up the law and I don't see any time requirement on how long you have to stop, just that you have to come to a stop, which I did.

The Occultist

Did you come to a complete stop? As in wheels, bumper, body, everything had completely stopped moving.

If so, did any part of your vehicle cross the line prior to this complete stop (wheels or bumper or anything)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">