• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Red Light Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kohristi

Received in Riverside, CA. My husband was riding his motorcycle and got snagged by a red light camera on the way home. Here's the catch. The bike is registered in both our names but he doesn't have a California license. Since I wasn't driving and I don't have to identify the driver, what happens?

Many Thanks in advance for any help.

I_Got_Banned

Received in Riverside, CA. My husband was riding his motorcycle and got snagged by a red light camera on the way home. Here's the catch. The bike is registered in both our names but he doesn't have a California license. Since I wasn't driving and I don't have to identify the driver, what happens?

Many Thanks in advance for any help.
Is it safe to assume that the citation was issued in your name and under your DL #?

If that is the case, then you can appear in court, state that you were not the driver and hope that the judge will dismiss the citation.

Kiawah

And how are you going to prove that you weren't driving, or handle the problem that he should have received a CA license since living in CA.

Last edited:

Who's Liable?

And how are you going to prove that you weren't driving, or handle the problem that he should have received a CA license since living in CA.
That is not her problem or her responsibility. It is the responsibility of the STATE to identify the driver and charge them accordingly. Which is why it is next to impossible to identify the motorcycle driver if they are wearing a closed tinted helmet.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">