• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding Ticket via ENRADD

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ilcld

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I was issued a citation for 44 in a 25 with ENRADD going down hill, working on slowing down when I realized I was that much above the limit.
One defense I found was related to the height alignment (or malignment) of the first and second beams. Another defense I found was related to cars traveling the opposite direction that might have tripped the second beam before I got to it.

I plan to plead not guilty in an effort to plea down the fine and the points; or better yet, plea for a dismissal.

Your thoughts and suggestions will be welcome.

Last edited:

bolo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I was issued a citation for 44 in a 25 with ENRADD going down hill, working on slowing down when I realized I was that much above the limit
If you were guilty I suggest you admit that and ask for the reduction. If you use the defenses provided but were actually guilty you undermine the efforts to use these defenses in cases of actual innocence.

Just my opinion.

Here is an interesting story on ENRADD:
Subject: Capitolwire: PennDOT denies problems exist with device used to catch speeders.
*capitolwire.com*by GovNetPA, Inc.**
* Copyright © 2010 by Capitolwire.com / GovNetPA, Inc. All rights reserved.
Capitolwire.com — Feature Story Alert
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
PENNDOT DENIES PROBLEMS EXIST WITH DEVICE USED TO CATCH SPEEDERS

Despite engineer's investigation that shows there are accuracy, calibration, and approval issues with speed-timing device, PennDOT refuses to acknowledge that any of the problems exist.

By Jim Quirk
Staff Reporter
Capitolwire

HARRISBURG (Sept. 7) – A man who avoided a speeding ticket fine by showing that a device to catch speeders could be inaccurate is now raising questions about it that PennDOT waves off or declines to answer.

Lawmakers are also looking for answers to the questions raised by that engineer, Earle Drack.

The dispute is about a Pennsylvania Department of Transportation-approved device used by local police departments to catch speeders.

PennDOT says it is satisfied the non-radar device operates correctly and was properly approved.

ARTICLE CONTINUES...

(there is a paywall but they have a 2 week free trial)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">