• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting access to trust info

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

abrahamchapman

In an effort to keep the other party honest, I intend to record a California-to-California call without the knowledge or consent of the other party. I understand that the recording itself cannot be used in court, but what about a 100% accurate word-by-word transcript? Also, if there is a challenge as to the accuracy of the transcript, what are the consequences of using the recording to prove the accuracy of the transcript?

This is an estate law question because I have no way of getting my hands on a trust, and thus no way to see if I was cheated out of my part of an estate other than to get someone to tell me that I was supposed to get something.

latigo

So your plan is to do something “dishonest” (commit a felony punishable by imprisonment *) in order to keep someone else “honest”.

Rather a perverse bit of moralizing I’d say.

[*] See: California Penal Code Section 631 Subsections (a) and (c)

justalayman

This is an estate law question because I have no way of getting my hands on a trust, and thus no way to see if I was cheated out of my part of an estate other than to get someone to tell me that I was supposed to get something.
if you are not a beneficiary of the trust, you have no legal right to the info about the trust. If you are a bene, you have a claim and through legal means, can obtain the details. If there were other assets from the estate that you might have been due, you should check the probate courts for the record of the estate and it's probate actions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">