• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help voiding agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cantgethome

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NH I just bought a car in NH and gave a non refundable deposit. I agreed to take delivery of vehile the next day when I brung in the rest of the down payment. The car was gauranteed to pass inspection. When I picked the car up hey said it need a part to pass inspection and would be next week but the car was safe. So I signed the rest of the paperwork which they had typed the day before entering that date on all paperwork not the day I actually signed. On the bill of sale and retail installment contract and security agreement they said that I gave them a $4000 cash down payment when I only gave them $1200. Was told to tell the finance company that I paid the $4000 down. I'm talking to finance company tomorrow. The car is a lemon also no lemon law in NH.
Is there anyway to void this agreement and get my down payment back? All of this has happened in the last 2 days.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?nhWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

swalsh411

I don't see any way or you forcing the dealer to take the car back. I bet you didn't have it inspected prior to purchase.

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NH I just bought a car in NH and gave a non refundable deposit. I agreed to take delivery of vehile the next day when I brung in the rest of the down payment. The car was gauranteed to pass inspection. When I picked the car up hey said it need a part to pass inspection and would be next week but the car was safe. So I signed the rest of the paperwork which they had typed the day before entering that date on all paperwork not the day I actually signed. On the bill of sale and retail installment contract and security agreement they said that I gave them a $4000 cash down payment when I only gave them $1200. Was told to tell the finance company that I paid the $4000 down. I'm talking to finance company tomorrow. The car is a lemon also no lemon law in NH.
Is there anyway to void this agreement and get my down payment back? All of this has happened in the last 2 days.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?nhWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Herein lies the difference between what is SAID and what is put down IN WRITING. When a dealer SAYS something, it must be proven that he/she said it in order to enforce the verbal promise or guarantee. That's why you should NEVER take a car dealer at their word. If they want the deal, make them put all guarantees IN WRITING.

Most used car sales are considered "AS IS". That means you are responsible for making sure that what the dealer tells you about the car is true. The best way to do that is to have the vehicle inspected by your own private mechanic prior to signing the purchase contract. When you don't, you are essentially accepting the vehicle as it is presented to you, and without some written guarantee to the contrary, you are stuck with any problems that may develop once you drive the car off the lot.

Unless you can get the finance company to rescind the contract based on the fraud that both you and the dealer perpetrated (THEY put down that you paid a $4,000 down payment, and even though you knew it was wrong, you still signed off on it), you are going to owe the money for the car AND you get to keep the car.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">