• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My father died and my sister will not allow others to access the home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

helpp

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FLorida

MY father dies and my sister was living with him as his caretaker. SHe was not paying rent or utilities. I am the executor of his will and as such made an attempt to access the property to disperse his personal items and acquire his financial documents. My sister will not permit access. The police said I do not have any rights to be on the property that they can arrest me but the will says differently. I need to gain access legally with little cost. There are five children and right now only one has access to property and is not being cooperative to the process.

anteater

Has the will been admitted to probate and have you been appointed by the court to serve as executor/personal representative?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">