• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advice Would Be Appreciated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

angulode

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Hi I interning at a law firm that does mostly contract work. Lots of their work is flat fee stuff but a good amount is hourly billing. I'm low man on the totem pole in an accounting department who basically has me and my boss. I'm having a difficult time of it. Right now we're using Quickbooks (some historical data is on Peach Tree?) The problem is I'm the one that has to gather up the hours for clients when we bill and I'm basically getting in spreadsheets from all the groups and not even in consistent format. My boss (and his boss) are supposedly willing to switch to a system and have looked at various lawfirm software packages but haven't found any they like. They all seem to be geared to law firm management and not just straight billing hours which is what I need to turn my 2 day nightmare of billing into hopefully a much shorter exercise. Do most lawfirms use law-firm specific software? Before I stick my neck out on a new position, I guess I'm wondering if there are lawfirms out there that just buy simple time-sheet systems (hopefully something more sophisticated than spreadsheet!) :p

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Hi I interning at a law firm that does mostly contract work. Lots of their work is flat fee stuff but a good amount is hourly billing. I'm low man on the totem pole in an accounting department who basically has me and my boss. I'm having a difficult time of it. Right now we're using Quickbooks (some historical data is on Peach Tree?) The problem is I'm the one that has to gather up the hours for clients when we bill and I'm basically getting in spreadsheets from all the groups and not even in consistent format. My boss (and his boss) are supposedly willing to switch to a system and have looked at various lawfirm software packages but haven't found any they like. They all seem to be geared to law firm management and not just straight billing hours which is what I need to turn my 2 day nightmare of billing into hopefully a much shorter exercise. Do most lawfirms use law-firm specific software? Before I stick my neck out on a new position, I guess I'm wondering if there are lawfirms out there that just buy simple time-sheet systems (hopefully something more sophisticated than spreadsheet!) :p
I suggest the read the TOS for this site. You'll find that this might not be the place to find your answer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">