• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

telling me to get salvage title before payment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania
The op s insurance company has admitted 100% liability and has agreed to all the terms I have requested. They are now telling me that without me producing a salvage title, they will not pay me the agreed upon amount.
I can not believe they would fight me on this one. Is there anyway to avoid going to court over this one.

JustAPal00

I'm assuming that this is from the accident where the guy hit you in the side. I'm not sure if I totally understand what you are asking, but let me take a shot. If I understand right, they totaled your car and you want to purchase it back for the salvage value. If I understand you correctly, then yes they will have you sign the original title over to them and then they will sign it back over to you with a new salvage title.

ecmst12

Or you can let them keep the car. It is almost NEVER financially advantageous to keep a totalled car.

And don't start new threads about the same situation!

JustAPal00

yes you are correct. So it is unavoidable- I must accept a salvage title. Ah!
Yes. In PA once a car has been totaled by an insurance company it has to have a salvage title until it is repaired and the repairs inspected. If it passes, you can get a rebuild title.

ecmst12

Not only that, in PA before you can register a salvaged car, you have to get all the repairs performed and have a special inspection and pay more money in order to get a RECONSTRUCTED title showing it's safe to be on the road. You will have to pay more for insurance and it will be worth half what it was before.

Not. Worth. It.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">