• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Partnership or? Need advice ...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

al91206

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Have an idea which I believe could make decent money - already have purchased domain and setup very plain website. I have a paranoid personality - fyi.

My question - is now that I need expert technical assistance with the site do I:

1. Work with friend I trust - do I cut them in (how much)? Do I need some kind of contract? The positive aspect of this idea is that this person can help me throughout life of business - but at what cost?

2. Hire someone - I don't have much money but I could spend perhaps $500 to 1K for someone to develop site - but what if they 'steal' idea?

3. Should I setup a business - get a license etc - before I do anything else?

I guess I'm pretty lame about all this - any book references are appreciated as well.

Thanks,

Al in SoCal

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">