• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 LLC's and 4 businesses .. how do u know which biz is under which LLC?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

switchex

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MD

Let's say I have 4 businesses and 2 LLC's setup (LLC 1 and LLC 2). I want business A and B to fall under LLC1 and business Y and Z to fall under LLC 2. how and where would i specify this?

let's say my LLC 1 is worth a Million dollars and LLC 2 is worth $1000 .. if biz A gets sued, can I just claim Biz A is under worthless LLC 2?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MD

Let's say I have 4 businesses and 2 LLC's setup (LLC 1 and LLC 2). I want business A and B to fall under LLC1 and business Y and Z to fall under LLC 2. how and where would i specify this?

**A: your CPA can advise you.

###########
let's say my LLC 1 is worth a Million dollars and LLC 2 is worth $1000 .. if biz A gets sued, can I just claim Biz A is under worthless LLC 2?
**A: no since $1000 is not worthless.

FlyingRon

"Biz A" doesn't appear to be a legal entity in itself. If BizA is an operation or fictitious name (DBA) of a Corporation or LLC, then the Corporation or LLC will be sued. If it is you operating under that name, than you personally will be sued.

If the corporation/LLC or person who is sued gets a judgment entered against them, and that entity owns stock in another corporation or is a member of the LLC, that can be considered an asset which may be attached.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">