• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

uninsured car stolen and involved in police chase

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

slreno

What is the name of your state (ohio)?
we have a car that we had parked and did not run.. we did not have insurance on it for this reason. my son got it running and stole it, and by the way we had to report it stolen. they caught up to him the next day and a chase insued and one of the officers wreck while in the pursuit.. is my wife going to be liablefor any damages to the police cruiser even though the police cruiser wreck was done by her losing control..my son never was never charge with causing the accident ... she just lost control on her own. is my wife still responsible since the car is in her name even though the was reported stolen.
thanks
steve

justalayman

your wife shouldn't be liable if she, in no way, allowed the son to drive the car. The son would be liable for the police car and any damages to your car.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
I can see that now that you pointed it out, but the OP's writing "style" leaves alot to be desired.

slreno

I can see that now that you pointed it out, but the OP's writing "style" leaves alot to be desired.
do you have a reply? or just the fact that you want to poke at someones writing?
there are people like you on every forum, its a shame :)

slreno

not gonna beat a dead horse, but you did understand the post at 10:35 pm last nite. and decided just to poke at the "wrting style" of the op

never mind, its not worth it
have a good day

ecmst12

Did the car have tags on it? If so, it should have been insured. When you take insurance off a car, you are supposed to turn in the tags.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Regardless of the registration issue, it should have been parked off-street...

But who knows.

And yes, it should not have had plates if the insurance had been dropped on it.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Ya'll might be interested in seeing how the story has morphed:

https://forum.freeadvice.com/civil-litigation-46/lawsuit-against-city-police-dept-528511.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">