• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

custody - reporting suspected child abuse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jimmybak

I really couldn't explain it well in the title. ( sad story)

I have petitioned the court for modifcaton of custody of my 2 boys because of the environment they live in. Orginally
it was because there are four smokers( ex, mother, father, sister) in the house and my boys are always sick- one has a chronic cough.
However, yesterday I found out that my ex's sister, who moved in a couple of months ago, has a baby girl who was sexually abused by her ex-boyfried. ( im not sure how they found it out( it was in the psychologists records))( i'm not sure why the psych - didn't report it- maybe not enough proof yet) They( sister, mother, father, ex) never reported it to the authorities( even though its not a law in NY)
I called CPS on them because of the smoking and they found it in the little girls record. they want to open a case.
I'm not sure how to process this info- on one hand I feel real bad foooor the girl and I would hate for her to have to go through a trial. On the other hand that ******* should fry. I'm thinkig they should have notified the authories. I don't think it constitutes neglect in NY. My question is how can this effect my kids- if it happened to m boys I would want something done- Do I use this "neglect" to show more of a reason why my kids should not live there?

L

lawrat

i really think your story is way too complicated to try to solve here. There is a lot involved and many family members who can be affected.

Talk to a family law attorney in your state about potential issues.

http://www.attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">