• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dismissal versus Withholding

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

QSEQB6

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL
I received a speeding ticket going into an on-ramp. The cop wrote me a ticket for doing 60 on a 35 (on-ramp). If I consider hiring a lawyer, what is the chance of dismissal? This is my 2nd ticket for the year. Prior to that I'm clean for 5 years.
I'm not liking withhold since I still have the pay the ticket ($300) plus legal fees. Any recommendations or suggestions are appreciated.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

N

NeverWrong

ramps are usually yellow

what color was the sign on the on-ramp white or yellow?
indicating non-mandatory speeds ... meant for you to get up to highway speed right????

They have no case here, OP does not need an attny

sounds like one of those famous speed traps in FL

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
indicating non-mandatory speeds ... meant for you to get up to highway speed right????

They have no case here, OP does not need an attny

sounds like one of those famous speed traps in FL
I guess there was a reason that this guy's gone, huh? ;)

Maestro64

Hrm... okay, I'm not in Florida, so forgive me: they have speed limit signs on the *ON* ramps? I've never noticed that, in Florida or anywhere else.
I see yellow ones all the time, seen a few white ones and they are usually a nice place for police to ticket people. The white one usually show up on off-ramps which would make sense.

But you are correct usually on-ramp do not have speed limits sign, since the definition of the on-ramp allows you to get up to speed of the highway or the road you are about to merge onto.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">