• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Transmission under warranty, not getting fixed ??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

VSERRANO04

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

My dilemma: I have a 2003 Acura Tl. In 11/2008 my transmission failed. I took it to a trans shop and had it rebuilt for $3,000+. Since then I have brought it back seven times to get rebuilt again, and since it was under warranty I thought that everytime that I picked my car up after getting the trans rebuit that I am not supposed to get a receipt since I am not paying. Obviously now I want to go to small claims court to have them refund the money or pay to get it fixed correctly at the dealership. By law are they supposed to give me a receipt "or service record" even when I dont pay because they are fixing it under warranty? If so can I still request my previous service records from them now and they have to comply, or is it too late? I have the tow receipts showing everytime my car was towed there but in court I feel like I may need more...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">