• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Body Shop charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

smussman

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
My daughter was involved in an accident..long story short, the ins company of lady who hit her has finally accepted full responsibility. The truck was towed to a shop and has been there for 21 days. The insurance adjuster was out there on Wed and gave the shop their estimate, then called me to tell me he was sending the check to the shop for repairs...I told him we are not having it repaired there, so he said he would call them and tell then not to start repairs, which he did not...because yesterday the shop called me and told me they had the front end torn appart...I told him that I did not authorize that verbally nor in writing. He said he just assumed they were going to be doing to repairs since the truck has been there for so long....They are now charging me a take down fee (225.00) that the ins is not going to pay.....what are my legal options?????

ecmst12

Let them finish the repairs, YOU should have had the car moved to the shop you wanted right after the accident. Or pay for the teardown AND rebuild AND transport to the shop of your choice. You expected someone else to do what you were responsible for.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">