• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fitness Magazine scam

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

grapesurfacer

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum, this was the closest match imo.

Anyway, my friend just received a random bill from fitnessmagazine, a magazine she didn't sign up for. We've found a lot of information on the scam, however, nothing was terribly helpful in explaining how to get out of this situation. So I'm wondering legally what steps should be taken to with, and outside of the company in order to end this situation. Fortunately, I think, we haven't received any magazines thus far.

Here's what we found.
Fitness Magazine Complaints - They keep billing me for something i never ordered

If you have any thoughts on this, let me know. Thanks!

cosine

Tell your friend to...

First check if they do subscribe to any OTHER magazine Meredith publishes:

Meredith - National Media Brands - Magazines

Write them a letter, telling them that no magazine was ever ordered, and that they have no genuine proof that any magazine was ever ordered, and that if they make any reports claiming that magazines were ordered, or that any debt exists for these magazines, that charges will be filed with law enforcement for fraud and/or libel, and that they will be sued for damages caused by such actions, plus lawyer fees and court costs, including punitive sanctions. Also tell them that they are being reported to the FTC (and do it).

Send the letter, certified, with return receipt, to their headquarters at:

Meredith Corporation
1716 Locust St
Des Moines, IA 50309

FYI, their office phone number is (515) 284-3000.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">