• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failure to yield to pedestrian

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kat_cxnt

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California.

On May 19, 2010, I received a failure to yield to pedestrian ticket. I have NEVER received any ticket before so I have no idea on how to proceed. I looked it up and already if I want to just send in payment is $477 which I don't have in the least. I want to know how good my odds are. I'm in San Bernardino county and I've heard a million different things.

I was going east on xxxx Blvd, and on the intersecting xxx street there's a no light/signal pedestrian crosswalk. This is a semi-busy downtown area and there was traffic, but I saw the ped. crossing in the crosswalk that's parallel to the blvd., so I slowed a little to make sure he was on the sidewalk and I proceeded to go forward. As soon as I passed him he ran out into the crosswalk behind me, stopping 7 cars in traffic abruptly and started pointing at my car. A police officer that was a block IN FRONT of me leaves from being pulled over with someone else to get behind me at the next light that I was turning at. He then proceeded to pull me over and hand me the ticket. He was quite rude and told me that these tickets were "what we're doing today", so I feel like I was the victim of a set up.

Later on, I saw the same cop pulling over a cement truck and saw 3-4 other officers all pulled over with someone. Was it quota day and I got caught up in it? I want to fight this ticket, but I feel like I'm way in over my head. I have panoramic pictures of where the cop was vs. where the pedestrian was. The cop had 7 parallel parked cars behind him on the same side of the road as where the pedestrian is so there's absolutely no way the cop could've seen the pedestrian on the road or on the sidewalk. He's solely going off the gentleman running out and pointing at me. Are the pictures a good start at fighting this? I extended my court date in hopes of avoiding the officer because I know he'll be down there.

Any advice is highly appreciated!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">