• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need advice on contesting a will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chippewasue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan
My grandfather passed away a couple of months ago. He had no surviving spouse or children. There is only my brother and myself. I found out after my grandfathers passing that he had changed his will almost 2 years before his passing, naming me as sole beneficiary as well as executor of the will. In his will he stated that my brother, his grandson is to receive nothing and that this ommision was intentional. He (my brother) is now objecting to me being appointed as executor and contesting the will. He is stating that I forced him into changing the will (i knew nothing about the change) and that grandpa was mentally incompetent. I do have physician signatures showing he was not incompetent. What more do I need to prove that I did not have and knowledge of the new will, nor did I force him into making one out. Also, what are his chances of winning his case? there are several witness to prove what he did to our grandfather that made him omit him from the will. Please, any advice would be appreciated

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">