• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

civil case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cjkrdh

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC
Involved in traffic accident. Hit a car from behind. Clearly I was in wrong. However there was LESS than $400 in damages. Other driver claimed personal injury for all occupants (4). They were all out of car. NO ONE was hurt. This is clearly fruad. Can I charge civil fraud case?

Banned_Princess

A civil fraud case? never heard of it.

Plus what do you care, your insurance is going to pay for it, tell them no one was in the car.

ecmst12

If they received medical treatment, then they were injured and your insurance has to pay. You don't get to say fraud just because no one was bleeding at the scene. Injuries from car accidents aren't always apparent right away. Relax and let your insurance handle things.

justalayman

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC
Involved in traffic accident. Hit a car from behind. Clearly I was in wrong. However there was LESS than $400 in damages. Other driver claimed personal injury for all occupants (4). They were all out of car. NO ONE was hurt. This is clearly fruad. Can I charge civil fraud case?
just an example to show your interpretations are incorrect.

person I know was hit from behind. No discernible damage to either car. No sign of injury at the scene.

Over $100,000 later, the driver in the car that was hit now has an artificial shoulder after having about 8 surgeries prior to the actual replacement. On top of that, treatment for whiplash that was not apparent at the accident but manifested a day or two later.

soft tissue injuries often are not apparent immediately.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">