• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Charged with possession and paraphernalia/missed drug class.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sbfisabel90

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I live in Florida. I was charged back in July for possession of marijuana and paraphernalia. This is my first offense. I appeared in court in August and was given the opportunity to attend a drug class in place of my charges being dropped. Since I have the most wonderful luck, my car broke down the morning of the class and I had no one to take me and late arrivals are not allowed. I called and asked if I could reschedule the class and was told that yes, I could but then I told him that it was a court-assigned class and he told me I had to speak to the court about it. I have the court number but I plan on going back today to see if I can retake the class (my court date is tomorrow). My question is: if there are no classes scheduled for today, will the court give me another opportunity to take the class at a later date?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">