• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Long Lost License

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brandontallen11

Colorado

I was involvedn an auto accident in 2004, in which I was deemed the culprit even though the wreck itself ws not my fault. I was driving a friends van(fictitious plates, no insurance, etc. never brought to my attention) and was struck by a speeding woman who had been in a wreck earlier in the week. I have not had my license since a little after this wreck. No notice of suspension or revokation. I have since paid other fines and fees, got notarized docmentation from the court thinking I would be able to get it back- but to no avail. Now some colletion agency n Denver, CO wants me to dish out $2750+an SR22 for "x" amount of years for "damages to the state". They have provided me with NO proof of any such thing, have threatened to sue, and will not relinquish the license until I comply. I have sent for a notice by mail as to what I am paying for, but they refuse- I have requested a lot of info- but no info until they get their money. I can't even get a red license for work without paying all this money! I checked with mesa county municipal and they have no record of any owings.?? No other collection agency in my town has any record of me owing anything about the above...What should I do to get my license back?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
I was involvedn an auto accident in 2004, in which I was deemed the culprit even though the wreck itself ws not my fault.
That's what they all say. Obviously it was your fault since you were "deemed the culprit".

I was driving a friends van(fictitious plates, no insurance, etc. never brought to my attention)
Doesn't matter - you were operating the vehicle and have responsibility.

...was struck by a speeding woman who had been in a wreck earlier in the week...
Doesn't matter how many accidents she had - that doesn't determine liability for THIS one.

I have not had my license since a little after this wreck. No notice of suspension or revokation.
Who physically took your license?

What should I do to get my license back?
Uh, go to DMV and ask them?

ecmst12

Pay for the damage you caused. The time to ask for proof was 6 years ago when there was still a record of it. Now it's probably gone through several collection agencies and the estimate is lost. But that's not an unreasonable-sounding amount of damage, and you caused the accident, you have no chance of getting your license back until you pay it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">