• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

insureance company responsibilities

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Davis Nothere

After being involved in an accident I was sued by the driver who caused the accident. I sent Geico pictures of the damage which proved (by virtue of basic physics) that the other vehicle was responsible. No one was cited by the investigating officer. Rather than defend me in court, Geico used the pictures I gave them to negotiate down the suit against me to something they were willing to pay. Then they doubled my payments and have me listed as being at fault in the accident. The attorney they assigned me explained that the decision was based on her belief that she only had a 50/50 chance of winning the case. Their decision to take the easy way out damaged my driving record while making a profit off of me. Did Geico fail in their fiduciary responsibility to defend me, and did they violate due process when listed me with every insurance agency as responsible (guilty of a crime) for the accident?

ecmst12

Not at all, they protected you from an even larger verdict against you. Obviously your evidence was not as convincing as you think it was. What exactly happened in the accident?

Oh, and simply causing an accident is NOT a crime. It's just negligence.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Just because you feel you weren't at fault that doesn't mean the insurance companies involved are not going to assign you total or partial blame, the laws of physics not withstanding.

What are the facts of the accident and how do you think that the laws of physics absolve you of fault?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">