• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

verbal contracts for services

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

johnleddo

Virginia (only U.S. law)?

I brought my dog to the vet for a blood transfusion. I was quoted a price of $200 for the service over the phone. It was comparable to what I previously paid at another vet (who wasn't sure he would have the blood this time), so I accepted. When the transfusion was completed, I was handed a bill for $1000. Now I am being sued. How can I argue in court that the $200 was a binding contract and if the price was going to be different, I should have been told in advance so I could decide whether to go through with it or take my dog elsewhere?

Hot Topic

Supply the name of the person who quoted the price, along with the date and time. Expect the person to deny it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">