• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Upm ! Please help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jlw098

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

I just received a upm in nys it's my first offense of any sort besides speeding tickets. I'm ex military honorably discharged I had roughly 23g a bowl and a scale that was found when the trooper searched
My vehicle after seeing blunt guts and saying he smelled the stale odor or Mary j. I'm just curious about the repercussions I'm 20 years old - I also got a seatbelt ticket for not properly wearing my seatbelt. I was only ticketed w a seatbelt and upm violation. Just trying to figure out what's Gonna happen before it does. And what I can do to make it so it's not on a background check for future employment etc!

Side note: the job field I'm currently in does not allow for any drug related offenses on my record (whatever theycan see when they pull a background
Check) will this show up!?

Thanks guys!

Joey

Also I should be able to pass a drug test. If that'd help.

xylene

Fine + court costs

This is a violation and is trivial

It will show on background checks

Being a veteran and passing a urine test a not relevant (you won't get the opportunity)

You don't really have much of a defense, the search was good.

You Are Guilty

All you ever wanted to know about UPM but were afraid to ask:
https://forum.freeadvice.com/drug-charges-28/upm-need-advice-527911.html

And you got off light - the amount and scale certainly could have justified an actual criminal charge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">