• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Full stop

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

OxOx

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? az

I was recently ticketed for not coming to a full stop in my neighborhood. If I show up at court and claim I did come to a full stop, and the police officer does not show will it be dropped?

Should I just pay it?

I was recently ticketed for not coming to a full stop in my neighborhood. If I show up at court and claim I did come to a full stop, and the police officer does not show will it be dropped?

Should I just pay it?
If the cop doesnt show, you would not need to prove your innocence; the state needs to prove your guilt. You just request a motion of dismissal, acquittal or summary judgment. If he does show, whats your defense?

OxOx

If the cop doesnt show, you would not need to prove your innocence; the state needs to prove your guilt. You just request a motion of dismissal, acquittal or summary judgment. If he does show, whats your defense?
if he shows all I can say is that I came to a full stop, but the wall on the corner (that has the subdivisions name on it) prohibits me from seeing so i rolled forward to see better, after stopping at the line.

if the cop shows and the judge says I am guilty , is it somehow worse for me - should I just pay it.

antrc170

The judge cannot impose a harsher penalty than is set. For example, if the fine to prepay is $100, the judge can't find you guilty and make you pay $200 The worst that can happen is that you get the fine already prescribed.

antrc170

Yes, if you go and the judge finds you guilty then a fine will be imposed and you'll go to the court clerks office to make payment arrangements. Often if it is a large amount you can arrange a payment plan.

The judge cannot impose a harsher penalty than is set. For example, if the fine to prepay is $100, the judge can't find you guilty and make you pay $200 The worst that can happen is that you get the fine already prescribed.
Are you sure?
Is that just an Arizona thing, cuz i can assure you that is not true at all everywhere.

OxOx

Can anyone verify if in Arizona they won't add penalties if you show up to fight this ticket and lose?

Should I just pay it?
Where were you in relation to the cop at these two points: a) when you stopped at the line and B) when he saw you rolling ??could he see you when you stopped at the line? If you can show this via photographs then you may have a defense. Otherwise yours v. his & you will lose.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">