• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

G John

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gregory Johnson

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
My mother passed away 11 days ago leaving 4 sons, 2 named executors and 2 beneficiaires of which I am one. The 2 execs are in a hurrry for settlement and myself along w/other beneficiairy are and have been kept in dark from any and all of her wishes. Again they are in hurry, she was clear of debt w/everything in order. Will we be notified of next step re probate and if so, any guesstimate of time would be appreciated. Is it possible they could interfere in whatever rights a beneficiairy may be entitled?

Thank You, new bene and in the dark

anteater

If this will be an actual probate proceeding in California, nothing happens "in a hurry."

What is the rough value of her estate and did she own any real property? There is a simplified procedure available if there is no real property and the value of the personal property is $100,000 or less

This is the website for Santa Clara county, but it has a nice explanation of California probate and almost all of it will be applicable to any California county.

http://www.scselfservice.org/probate/default.htm

Look in the left hand sidebar for a link to the page for Simplified Probate Procedures.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">