• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car purchased from Copart

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Maxnono

Florida.

My brother-in-law's company bought a car from Copart Auction online, he is a dealer, but not registered in the US. My husband and I bought the car from him and now want to register it in Florida. The tag and title office are saying that my brother-in-law needs to register the car and have the title in his name, then transferred to us. My brother-in-law does not reside in the US. Is there any way around this? They told us we would need to go to court get the car registered to us.

justalayman

of he is not a licensed dealer in whatever state he purchased the car in, he is treated just like a citizen. That means he would have to title the car in his name and then sell it to you.

. My brother-in-law does not reside in the US. Is there any way around this
? Last I knew there is world wide mail service. He needs to avail himself of such services and title the car in his name and then sell it to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">