• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need advice - Stolen medicine

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mwhite1491

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Mississippi

I am a college soccer player in Mississippi. I'm diagnosed with Attention Deficit Disorder and have been prescribed medicine for it since the second grade. I noticed today that I am missing about 15 pills. It is very hard for me to focus on my school work without the medicine. I now don't have enough to make it through the week. I know that it was my teammates that stole the pills because the only people in my dorm is my team. I'm just wondering what kind of legal trouble they would get into if they get caught.

Um, Hot Topic, I am not sure the doctor WILL replenish the meds prior to the standard refill date, unless the OP is close (3 days or so) to the refill date. ADD is a controlled substance. OP likely has signed a contract with the doctor similar to pain management providers, and also the OP's insurance likely will not authorize a refill so soon after filling. This is from personal experience. I am seeing a pain management doctor and when I opened my painkillers over the sink one day (thoughtlessly), they spilled into the sink and down the drain. I called my doctor who said, "tough". :( Oh well.

OP, lock your meds up. Report this to the person(s) in charge at your dorm and on your team. Other than that, sorry.

Kathy

RRevak

Explain the situation to your doctor. He or she will see to it that your supply is replenished.
I'm fairly certain the doctor wont replenish unless its the standard timeframe for replacement. The doctor has no way of knowing whether or not the story of the "stolen" meds is true or false and seeing as the meds are more than likely a controlled substance, it could prove far too great a liability on the doctors part should the story prove to be false and OP is abusing or selling for profit etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">