• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Did Lawyer do it right?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rexus13

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

The control of a living trust was given to a CPA friend of my friend D.

D's lawyer decided that D "could not handle his finances in the foreseable future" and so that responsibility was given to his CPA friend.

Question: in order to be declared incompetent who decides: two doctors or a court judge? No mention was made by D's lawyer that D is incompetent--he just can not handle his complex finances as he is a business.

In the meanwhile D told me that he "can not make decisions" and when I told him if someone told him that he clammed up. I think I have reasons to be concerned that someone told him this. I countered by telling D that he can make decisions.

thanks much for your previous info.

Just to let you know, I called the local ombudsman office about that same question. I was told that the "person with the health care directive has a lot of power and can do what he/she wants to do."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">