• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

It"s just not right!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

travis505179

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia
In the county i live in they passed a mandatory fee for people who chose NOT to hook up to the public water and sewer. I was one of those people who did not hook up. They have been sending me a bill since 1998 and i have not paid, simply because it's not right and its all i can do to pay for what i have. they recently send me a letter saying that they would take me for a warrant and debt if the balance of $4764.10 was not paid. there has to be something i can do. I DO NOT HAVE THE PUBLIC WATER OR SEWER. I HAVE MY OWN WELL AND SEPTIC!

Last edited:

Antigone*

In the county i live in they passed a mandatory fee for people who chose NOT to hook up to the public water and sewer. I was one of those people who did not hook up. They have been sending me a bill since 1998 and i have not paid, simply because it's not right and its all i can do to pay for what i have. they recently send me a letter saying that they would take me for a warrant and debt if the balance of $4764.10 was not paid. there has to be something i can do
Yep:cool:, pay the mandatory fee that you've been neglecting.

Just Blue

In the county i live in they passed a mandatory fee for people who chose NOT to hook up to the public water and sewer. I was one of those people who did not hook up. They have been sending me a bill since 1998 and i have not paid, simply because it's not right and its all i can do to pay for what i have. they recently send me a letter saying that they would take me for a warrant and debt if the balance of $4764.10 was not paid. there has to be something i can do
So...Who else in your county is "subsidizing" your water and sewer cost? :confused:

Hot Topic

So, you don't pay because you don't think it's "right." When did you decide that if something isn't "right" according to your definition of the term, you can ignore it without penalty?

Blue Meanie, and others like Blue Meanie, are correct in wondering who is subsidizing your water and sewer use.

Why should others pay when you don't? Why are you so special?

Last edited:

swalsh411

I'm not saying the OP doesn't owe the fee but nobody is subsidizing his water and sewer because he isn't on water and sewer. The OP presumably has a well and septic system.

travis505179

IM NOT SAYING THAT OTHER PEOPLE SHOULD HAVE TO PAY IT EITHER. i DON'T HAVE THE SERVICE AND I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR IT. THAT WOULD BE LIKE ME SENDING YOU A BILL FOR MOWING YOUR LAWN AND NOT MOWING IT. DO YOU PEOPLE PAY FOR SERVICES THAT YOU DON'T HAVE? THE GOVERNMENT IS GETTING CROOKED AND YOU PEOPLE ARE BLINDED BY IT OR JUST SIMPLY ARE TO AFRAID TO STAND UP FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN. I'M NOT ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE. I HAVE WORKED HARD ALL MY LIFE AND HAVE GIVE THE GOVERNMENT ENOUGH OF MY MONEY. I WILL NOT PAY THEM FOR SOMETHING I DO NOT HAVE! THE REASON WHY THE GOVERNMENT IS RUNNING OVER EVERYBODY IS BECAUSE EVERYONE IS TOO AFRAID! THIS IS ABSURD. NOW I DO PAY MY BILLS FOR SERVICES THAT I DO HAVE SUCH AS ELEC, PHONE, CAR INS, AND SO ON. BUT WHEN IT COMES TO GETTING BILLED FOR A SERVICE THAT I DON'T HAVE AND DON'T WONT IT WILL BE A COLD DAY IN HELL BEFORE THEY GET ANY OF MY MONEY.

Antigone*

IM NOT SAYING THAT OTHER PEOPLE SHOULD HAVE TO PAY IT EITHER. i DON'T HAVE THE SERVICE AND I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR IT. THAT WOULD BE LIKE ME SENDING YOU A BILL FOR MOWING YOUR LAWN AND NOT MOWING IT. DO YOU PEOPLE PAY FOR SERVICES THAT YOU DON'T HAVE? THE GOVERNMENT IS GETTING CROOKED AND YOU PEOPLE ARE BLINDED BY IT OR JUST SIMPLY ARE TO AFRAID TO STAND UP FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN. I'M NOT ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE. I HAVE WORKED HARD ALL MY LIFE AND HAVE GIVE THE GOVERNMENT ENOUGH OF MY MONEY. I WILL NOT PAY THEM FOR SOMETHING I DO NOT HAVE! THE REASON WHY THE GOVERNMENT IS RUNNING OVER EVERYBODY IS BECAUSE EVERYONE IS TOO AFRAID! THIS IS ABSURD. NOW I DO PAY MY BILLS FOR SERVICES THAT I DO HAVE SUCH AS ELEC, PHONE, CAR INS, AND SO ON. BUT WHEN IT COMES TO GETTING BILLED FOR A SERVICE THAT I DON'T HAVE AND DON'T WONT IT WILL BE A COLD DAY IN HELL BEFORE THEY GET ANY OF MY MONEY.
You can pay for an attorney and yell at him/her. At least they are getting paid. Volunteers here do not help nit witted ninneys who yell ~ virtually or otherwise.

tigi out

tranquility

Sorry, but you live in a society. A society is a place where you gain certain benefits from the group, but also have certain responsibilities to the group.

Here, the group created a rule that everyone should join the group to create a sewer and water system which would give better health and enjoyment of life to the majority of the group. That rule was legal. You will need to pay the money EVEN IF YOU TYPE IN ALL CAPS TO THE GOVERNMENT.

We live in a representative democracy, not a confederation of autocracies of one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">