• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

myself vs. taxi insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kahti

I live in Florida I wa involved in an auto acciden with a cab company. The driver was cited for the accident. My insurance had recently lapsed, but the cab DID NOT HAVE COVERAGE. My car was totalled and they refuse to pay anything. Every attorney I talk to says there is nothing we can do. Isn't that illegal in itself.....no insurance on a cab?! Please I need to get more information about what my options are?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Antigone*

I live in Florida I wa involved in an auto acciden with a cab company. The driver was cited for the accident. My insurance had recently lapsed, but the cab DID NOT HAVE COVERAGE. My car was totalled and they refuse to pay anything. Every attorney I talk to says there is nothing we can do. Isn't that illegal in itself.....no insurance on a cab?! Please I need to get more information about what my options are?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
I'd say the pot is calling the kettle black:rolleyes:

Your insurance "recently lapsing" is the same as not having coverage.

ecmst12

No more illegal then YOU not having insurance. You can sue the cab driver and his employer in small claims court though.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">