• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

JWA Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JWAtraffic

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
My wife received a ticket CVC 22400(a) Impeding Traffic in the arrival area of John Wayne Airport. When she came to pick me up there was not enough room to pull to the curb, she pulled in as far as she could but was not able to pull to the curb due to other vehicles. The car behind her also had a signal on to pull to the curb as well. I realized that neither the car in front of her nor the car beside/behind her was going to be moving as the drivers were out of the cars helping to load their passengers. Due to construction she could not go in front of the driver in front of her and the lane was ending just 40 to 70 feet ahead due to the construction. I fly quite a bit and I can load my stuff in the car very quickly so I approached her and opened the back threw my luggage in the car and jumped into the front seat, she went to pull out when the officer tapped on her window and directed her to pull to the curb. He made us stay there for several minutes until the forward car left then we could pull to the curb. He then wrote her a ticket for "Impeding Traffic". The fact is that we spent more time "Impeding Traffic" waiting for the car in front to move then we did for me jumping into the car. Do we have any recourse to fight this ticket. My wife's driving record has been flawless and this was my fault not her's. Thank you.

I_Got_Banned

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
My wife received a ticket CVC 22400(a) Impeding Traffic in the arrival area of John Wayne Airport. When she came to pick me up there was not enough room to pull to the curb, she pulled in as far as she could but was not able to pull to the curb due to other vehicles. The car behind her also had a signal on to pull to the curb as well. I realized that neither the car in front of her nor the car beside/behind her was going to be moving as the drivers were out of the cars helping to load their passengers. Due to construction she could not go in front of the driver in front of her and the lane was ending just 40 to 70 feet ahead due to the construction. I fly quite a bit and I can load my stuff in the car very quickly so I approached her and opened the back threw my luggage in the car and jumped into the front seat, she went to pull out when the officer tapped on her window and directed her to pull to the curb. He made us stay there for several minutes until the forward car left then we could pull to the curb. He then wrote her a ticket for "Impeding Traffic". The fact is that we spent more time "Impeding Traffic" waiting for the car in front to move then we did for me jumping into the car. Do we have any recourse to fight this ticket. My wife's driving record has been flawless and this was my fault not her's. Thank you.
22400. (a) No person shall drive upon a highway at such a slow speed as to impede or block the normal and reasonable movement of traffic unless the reduced speed is necessary for safe operation, because of a grade, or in compliance with law.
No person shall bring a vehicle to a complete stop upon a highway so as to impede or block the normal and reasonable movement of traffic unless the stop is necessary for safe operation or in compliance with law.
The code section is not specific with regards to how long she was stopped or how long it took to write the citation. Only that she "stopped and blocked the reasonable movement of traffic"...

Maybe she'll get a sympathetic judge who might dismiss or reduce the fine, but I personally cannot make any promises.

JWAtraffic

Thanks

That is what I thought, but it did seem ridiculous that he wrote her a ticket when I went out and jumped in the car, and it took less time for me to do that then for her to wait to move to the curb. If anything we would have cleared ourselves from traffic faster and helped reduce congestion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">