• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

stressed out over car accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Shiningstar6219

Annmarie Orange TX,
Is there some one I can call to get answers if I feel my attorney is not treating me fairly?
My husband and I were in a car accident on 1-18-09. We were hit by a 18 wheeler. After months of going to one doctor who wanted to be paid up front for the surgeries on our backs. We were told by the attorney that the found a insurance company that would pay for the surgeries, and only charge 5 percent.
We agree, but the doctor we had at the time didn't want to sign a contract with insurance company. So insurance company found another doctor for us that already under contract with them. We went to see the doctor, he sent us for more MRI's basicly all the test we had already done with the first doctor. So now we have to pay twice for the test. The doctor stated we both needed surgery. My husband's lower back, and I on my neck and lower back, but since it has been over a year and a half, the surgeries may not do any good, or we will have to have them done over in 8-10 years from now. We call our attorney right away he stated we had to have the surgeries or we didn't have a case. Now we both have been out of work this whole time and been in a lot of pain. We said ok we will have the surgeries. I have had my neck surgery 4 weeks ago. My husband was suppose to be set up to have his done last week. But now we are being told that they have to find funding for his because my surgery was $300.000 and that his will cost $500.000. this does not sound right to us. The trucking company's insurance policy is for a million dollar. we are trying to figure out if that is for the two of us or is each claim seprate. Our attorney will not return our calls. WE want to know if we can tell the attorney that we want to settle and we will worry about getting our surgeries after the settlement.
WE are not from the state of Texas, we came here to help with the hurricane clean up , 3when we got hit. So we have been stuck here. we live in a travel trailer, with no car or money coming in. Our attorney does pay our rent and electric for us. I feel at this stage it is to late to get another attorney. This is very stressful for the both of us. I hope that you can help us. Thank you very much for you time.
Annmarie

Shiningstar6219

sorry, I can't find my first thread. I am just trying to find some help. I did call my attorney,and as of yet he has not called me back and it has been 2 weeks now.
thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">