• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need help with a warrant for a FTA.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bo549

Colorado, Grand junction.

-I need help. I am in a realy bad way. I got a trafic ticket for not having my insurance card on me. I missed the first court date due to family problems and the court extended my date. I missed the sec court date due to missreading the letter. It has now been 4-5 months. I am scared because i cant afford to go to jail. My family needs me. Is there some way i can fix this with out having to do any time i am all open.

-The sooner i fix this the sooner i can look for a new job. I know this is showing up when they do background checks.:(

dmspi5

You need to hire a lawyer, you have better chances with representation. Otherwise, you may as well go on in and explain the situation and expect to be processed and hopefully released after see a judge.

Colorado may have different guidelines.

Go to court house
1st, make sure you have a warrant
2nd, find out how to take care of it - appearance date, walk in calendar, post bail, set a hearing (or even learn how to do a notice/notice of motion to set for arraignment/recall warrant).. basically handle it.

I would doubt you need a lawyer for an insurance ticket, there is very likely a very routine process for handling them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">