• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Personal Information

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nathan031

I am in Tennessee, and I took an animal to animal control because I thought I was rescuing it. I had to fill out a form with my name, address, phone, and drivers license number. That exact same form with all the information was given to the person who went to pick up the animal. Can they just do something like that? :confused:

swalsh411

First of all thank you for rescuring an animal. Secondly, I have never heard of any law that prohibits this. You may want to contact the shelter and tell them that you don't appreciate this practice. It's also possible it was a clerical error and the person that took the animal was not supposed to get a copy.

RRevak

First of all thank you for rescuring an animal. Secondly, I have never heard of any law that prohibits this. You may want to contact the shelter and tell them that you don't appreciate this practice. It's also possible it was a clerical error and the person that took the animal was not supposed to get a copy.
The last time I checked animals were "rescued" not "rescured" ;)
I also have done quite a bit of work with animal shelters and they are prohibited from giving information about previous owners to the new adoptive owners.

And OP, how do you know your information was given to the new owner?

Last edited:

Nathan031

Because the person I rescued the animal from was the one who picked it back up, and they were not pleased with me.

Some Random Guy

Because the person I rescued the animal from was the one who picked it back up, and they were not pleased with me.
Oh, you mean you stole an animal and the owner found out who the thief was when they retieved it?

Next time, if you know of an animal being abused, call your local animal control agency. They can investigate abuse and take appropriate action.

swalsh411

I also have done quite a bit of work with animal shelters and they are prohibited from giving information about previous owners to the new adoptive owners.

Post the law then. And correcting another poster's harmles speling mistak is rude. No body needs two be purfect.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">