• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

reckless driving resulting in injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dd5577

I was in the passing lane when a truck switched lanes (he was in the slow lane) he began changing lanes (pushing me into oncomming traffic. I accelerated, avoiding a head on collision, I got back into the passing lane, I had to slow down to avoid hitting another car from behind. I was rearended by the truck that ran me off the road. The Colorado state payrol issued me a ticket for reckless driving resulting in injury, because the 3rd vehicle which rearended the person who rearended me had a passenger who was hurt. Why did I get a ticket and no one else did when I was the one who was ran off the road?

CdwJava

Apparently you got a ticket because the officer believed you were the party most at fault. You can certainly raise your claims as part of your defense at trial.

More than that, you need to address the civil issues quickly. I hope you had decent insurance and have already spoken to them because it is likely that you will be hit up for damages even if you were the one rear-ended.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">