• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Swimming pool filler broke and cost me over $500

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NickInMesa

I live in Arizona.

My pool guy did not see that my pool filler was about to break. When it did, water kept coming in and overflowing, nobody saw it because of the heat and the water going in a certain direction. Now I have a utility bill of more than $500 and my plumber turned off the water supply to the pool filler. Is my pool guy responsible for the issue? The arm that holds the valve floater on pool filler was old and obviously all rusted. The arm broke off and this cause the overflow.

I believe he is responsible for the issue, as his responsibility is to ensure proper function of my pool and its equipment.

Is there ground for me to get him to pay the part of the water bill which was caused by the spill?

Thanks!

swalsh411

Dollars to donuts the service agreement you signed with this company expressly limits their liability. Did they install this equipment that broke? If it was so obviously rusted and in need of repair why did you not notice it before? Why do you feel this company is responsible for the general upkeep of your pool anymore than a mechanic is responsible for the upkeep of your car?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">