• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Settlement Money Number

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

telleophone

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

Long Story Short..Wife and my children(10, 8 age) are involved in a car accident where an 87 year old man pulled into oncoming traffic from a stop sign when my wife had flow of traffic and no stop. She couldn't avoid hitting him. The 87 y.o. has been cited at fault and witnesses corroborate the incident as his fault.

We contacted an attorney and he has advised us that he is going to have a conference call with us, the other party's insurance rep and himself. He has told us to have a settlement number in mind for the conference call. This is a settlement for our 8 year old who was in the bench seat of our mini van.

He suffered bruises and abrasions from the seat belt and the sudden stop. He did need scans for tenderness to his abdomen. He also suffered a small cut to his chin. He had a couple of nightmares from the accident a few days after and was nervous to get into a car for about a week after. Other than that, h's been fine.

I'm asking, is there a proper amount or a formula to come up with a compensatory number, because my wife and I have no idea of what amount is a proper amount? We're not out to get rich because we know we're not going to and we're not going to gouge the system.

But is there a proper amount..a standard..a formula/rule of thumb?

I'd appreciate the help, if it's possible to answer my question.

Thanks..

ecmst12

No, there is no formula. His injuries were extremely minor. You should ask your lawyer if you have any questions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">