• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

totally in the dark

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

probatehell

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?utah

In the dark! father past a year ago there is a will and a formal probate I believe but the estate/trust is said to be locked due to some under handed dealings of other family members there is a attorney in place as executor but is being very distant and unwilling to answer questions or give copies of the will or trust info, At this point i have no idea how things are being handled and fear getting screwed! Can this info be held away like this? did request copies from court to no avail

HELP!!!!

probatehell

Well i guess i dont understand what u mean by explain this better?
will is in probate
Is said to be locked?
I have no copies of any paper work will,inventory,financial records nothing!
I live out of the state the estate is in probate
But sent to the court to get copies "to no avail"as i understand the copies went the executor then got the run around when i asked about copies from the court clerk
executor not talking or has he been willing to let me veiw will or other paper work, Not returning calls etc.
now a question i have is because the will is said to be locked do I have the right to see the will and other info but this is why I am in the dark! I have not seen the will/trust and all atempts to do so have not been met with any results OH! might I say I am the only beneficiary The only info I have been able to get from the executor is there is property there is money over 100,000
guessing thats why the formal probate but no answers to how much or how its being managed

Kiawah

If the probate court is not explaining satisfactorily why they will not release any copies to you, then you may have to retain your own lawyer in that county, who can go on-site and dig into this for you as needed. If you are the only beneficiary, who engaged that attorney as executor, and why aren't you in the middle of this?

Last edited:

probatehell

I have been told that because the will/trust is locked that I cannot get copies. And that nobody could tell me anything because it is locked.This didnt make sence to me, "reason for the post" Thats like saying the law says I should be kept in the dark because the will is locked?!

MY questions are

if a will/trust is said to be locked does that mean I cannot gain acess to the will or have copies?

what is the best way to go about getting copies, executor not an option just keeps giving me the run around.

how can I find out if the esate is being mantained properly " again executor not an option

probatehell

Oh to further answer ur question I engaged this new attorney I thought I could trust him had dealings with him in the past, He took over from the last attorney/executor who was not any better in the communications dept and by the way is currently in jail.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">