• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Liable for Cancelled Auto Insurance Policy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Brandon74

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland

I cancelled my Auto Insurance Policy because I traded the vehicle in that was insured and leased a new one. I called them and asked to cancel the policy the day I was trading the insured vehicle in. Am I still liable to pay the remaining 5 months on my policy even though the vehicle is not in my possession? I paid my premiums on a monthly basis. I just received a letter that my payment was missed and that the policy is in cancellation mode. It should have already been cancelled.

Thanks..I hope this was the correct forum to ask this question since it was Consumer related.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland

I cancelled my Auto Insurance Policy because I traded the vehicle in that was insured and leased a new one. I called them and asked to cancel the policy the day I was trading the insured vehicle in. Am I still liable to pay the remaining 5 months on my policy even though the vehicle is not in my possession? I paid my premiums on a monthly basis. I just received a letter that my payment was missed and that the policy is in cancellation mode. It should have already been cancelled.

Thanks..I hope this was the correct forum to ask this question since it was Consumer related.
So, Brandon, what did your insurance company say when you called them and asked them this question?

Dave1952

Read your insurance policy. They've insured you for 6 months. You've agreed to make monthly payments for this insurance. Ok, are you allowed to cancel? Are you entitled to a refund if you do cancel? Read the policy.

Good luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">